Through academic exchanges, overseas language immersion, and educational development programs, American Councils designs and administers innovative programs that broaden individual perspectives, increase knowledge, and deepen understanding. For 40 years, American Councils has responded to the needs of the communities where we work with hundreds of robust, international education programs that span over 69 countries, 40 languages, and are represented by over 55,000 alumni worldwide, including government leaders, top international educators, business innovators, public officials, and K-16 students.
|Country of Study: United States
||Institution: PFP and YSEALI PFP
|Application Deadline: April 2, 2019
||Level of Study: Fellowship placement/Program
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) and YSEALI PFP are sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’, Professional Fellows Division and administered by American Councils for International Education.
American Councils for International Education is a premier, international nonprofit creating educational opportunities that prepare individuals and institutions to succeed in an increasingly interconnected world.
US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Work in a full-time fellowship placement in a US worksite dealing with issues relating to his or her work at home. While there fellows will gain first-hand knowledge about US organizations and institutions and build networks and relationships with US counterparts.
- Participate in a fully-funded program with comprehensive on program support. Travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program.
- If you are selected as a finalist, American Councils and the Department of State will cover all costs associated with your international travel, visa, and basic living costs in the US. There are no required costs to Fellows.
- Become part of prestigious networks -including YSEALI (for Southeast Asian participants only) and PFP. Alumni will gain access to tremendous resources and an international network of like-minded professionals spanning the globe.
- 25-35 years old;
- A citizen and current resident of either: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
- Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
- Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
- Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Be a professional fit for the PFP theme that your country participates in
- Legislative – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Belarus, Russia
Economic Empowerment – Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Eligible Regions: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
October 15 – November 23, 2019
- Apply online through the given link.
- The application for the Fall 2019 Professional Fellows Program application will be open from February 1- April 1, 2018.
- The fall program will take place in the US from October 15 – November 23, 2019.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES