To support high-achieving commencing international students, the University of Canterbury is pleased to announce the UC International First Year Scholarships.
Up to twenty-five opportunities are available for the eligible candidates to pursue an undergraduate degree program at the University of Canterbury.
Founded in 1873, University of Canterbury is New Zealand‘s second oldest university. It offers over 100 qualifications in more than 80 different subject areas and awarded a 5-Star QS ranking for internationally-renowned research and teaching.
Why at the University of Canterbury– The university gives the candidate an excellent educational foundation that they will be able to turn into an amazing career. It offers a variety of services based on your needs as a student, graduate, employer or academic. It provides a safe and secure campus for students.
|Country of Study: New Zealand||Institution/ University: The University of Canterbury|
|Application Deadline: August 15, 2019||Level of Study: Undergraduate degree|
The University of Canterbury is New Zealand’s second oldest university (after the University of Otago, itself founded four years earlier in 1869).
It was founded in 1873 as Canterbury College, the first constituent college of the University of New Zealand. Its original campus was in the Christchurch Central City, but in 1961 it became an independent university and began moving out of its original neo-gothic buildings, which were re-purposed as the Christchurch Arts Centre. The move was completed on 1 May 1975 and the university now operates its main campus in the Christchurch suburb of Ilam and offers degrees in Arts, Commerce, Education (physical education), Engineering, Fine Arts, Forestry, Health Sciences, Law, Music, Social Work, Speech and Language Pathology, Science, Sports Coaching and Teaching.
25 studentships are awarded with financial aid positions worth up to $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000
Courses are selected by the university’s list of courses
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all countries around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursaries are available to pursue an undergraduate degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be full-fee-paying international students. Applicant must be completed on or after 1 January of the year before the year of application, a university entrance-level qualification that permits entry into a University of Canterbury undergraduate degree program.
- Such students who are undertaking, or have completed, a program at the UC International College are eligible to apply. The grant is not tenable by students who have already undertaken partial study in an undergraduate degree program at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- If you are interested, you may apply for a UC International First Year Scholarships after you have accepted an offer of a place at the University of Canterbury. After taking a full-time enrolment in the first year of a programme for an undergraduate degree at the university in the subject you wish to study, you are eligible to complete an online application for the opportunity s.
- Supporting Documents: To apply for the opportunity s, you will need to submit supply documents including Proof of citizenship or residency status (e.g. birth certificate, passport), Evidence of community involvement, financial hardship or ethnic background, List of referees, Transcripts or records of learning, Referees and if necessary arrange any academic or language tests required.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the opportunity s, the applicant must need to apply for the admission at the university
- Language Requirement: To study at UC, you need to have sufficient fluency in written and spoken English.