Maastricht University (UM) aims to further strengthen its position as a leading European university offering high-quality education with an international orientation. To this end, the university implements a proactive recruitment policy for international students. UM’s School of Business and Economics (SBE) offers a scholarship for its three-year bachelor programme International Business to talented students from South Africa, Brazil and Mexico with the interest to expand their global education.
|Country of Study: Netherlands||Institution/ University: Maastrichts University|
|Application Deadline: April 1, 2018||Level of Study: Undergraduate|
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with 16,300 students and 4,300 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Thanks to its high-quality research and study programmes as well as a strong focus on social engagement, UM has quickly built up a solid reputation. Today it is considered one of the best young universities in the world.
Maastricht University (UM)
You will receive the grant for the duration of the bachelor’s programme and for a maximum of three years. The grant is awarded per year. To be eligible for the grant in the next year, you must satisfy several conditions during the academic year:
- You complete all study units within the prescribed time.
- Each year you achieve an average mark of at least 75%.
- If requested by the School of Business and Economics (SBE), you spend at least 4 hours per month on student recruitment during your studies.
|One-off allowance||€ 900||Paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Health care and liability insurance||€ 520, or at cost||Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Visa costs||€ 317, or at cost||Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Tuition fees||€ 7500, or at cost||Paid by the Scholarship Office|
|One-off contribution to the travel costs||€ 1000||Paid by the Scholarship Office|
- You have been admitted to the following School of Business and Economics (SBE) bachelor’s programme: International Business
- On 1 September 2018, you are 35 years old or younger.
- You come from one of the following countries: South Africa, Brazil or Mexico.
- You have good marks, at least a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 70%.
- You are eligible for both a Dutch visa and a Dutch residence permit.
- Complete the SBE International Business Scholarship application form.
- You may send the application form and a letter of motivation to email@example.com from 1 November 2017 up to and including 1 April 2018.