The new International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS) scheme is now available at the HKBU School of Business. Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
The International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS) scheme at the HKBU School of Business is a global initiative designed to nurture business leaders, bringing together highly talented and intellectually-motivated students from around the world to one of our selected taught postgraduate programmes. Although these young achievers come from diverse backgrounds, they have all demonstrated leadership potential and have a common interest in making a difference in the world.
Students must provide Proof of English proficiency by IELTS or TOEFL.
|Country of Study: Hong Kong||Institution/ University: HKBU School of Business|
|Application Deadline: February to May 2019||Level of Study: Postgraduate program|
For more than half a century, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) has been at the vanguard of business education in Asia, molding generations of business leaders. Steeped in a tradition of academic excellence, yet always looking forward to new intellectual horizons, HKBU prides itself in striving to always remain a true pioneer in business education. Located at the crossroads between the emerging countries of Asia and the West, HKBU is ideally situated to confront the changes impacting our world, be it the economic resurgence of China, the deepening impact of globalization or the need for new ethical standards in the age of sustainability.
Business ethics, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility are essential building blocks of corporate sustainability. That is the future of business. For our students not only to excel in their careers, but also to shape the world, thinking innovatively is not enough; acting responsibly is the greater challenge. At the School of Business, we are committed to creating a better business environment through responsible business engagement. As proof of our commitment, HKBU was the first university in Hong Kong to join the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) and we also co-founded the World Business Ethics Forum (WBEF) with University of Macau. Marrying academic challenges with practical experience in a vibrant intellectual setting: HKBU School of Business is the ideal platform for future leaders to explore, discover, research, and create.
Full tuition fee waiver + allowance (HK$100,000 = ~US$12,800)
Scholarships are awarded to study Master of Accountancy, MSc in Applied Accounting and Finance, MSc in Applied Economics, MSc in Business Management, MSc in Corporate Governance and Compliance.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A bachelors’ degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- Proof of English proficiency by IELTS or TOEFL
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an online interview
IPS Scholarship Eligibility
You will stand as a strong candidate if you are:
- An outstanding applicant for one of our 5 full-time postgraduate programmes from countries/ regions outside mainland China and Hong Kong
- A future leader who is determined to make a positive impact on the business community and the wider world
- Committed to taking part in HKBU’s internationalisation projects and activities during the study period
English Language Requirements: Students must provide Proof of English proficiency by IELTS or TOEFL.
- Starting from Nov 2018, submit your application online to one of the 5 masters programmes listed above. Competition increases as the year progress, so we recommend starting your application early.
- No individual application for the IPS is required