Applications are invited for a funded 3.5 year PhD studentship under the supervision of Prof. Markus Kraft. The successful applicant will be based in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology in Cambridge, UK for the first year of the project. The next two years will be spent at Cambridge CARES in Singapore. The remainder of the project will be spent in Cambridge, UK. The studentship starts in January 2019.
|Country of Study: UK||Institution/ University: University of Cambridge|
|Application Deadline: September 16, 2018||Level of Study: PhD|
The University of Cambridge is one of the world’s oldest universities and leading academic centres, and a self-governed community of scholars. Its reputation for outstanding academic achievement is known world-wide and reflects the intellectual achievement of its students, as well as the world-class original research carried out by the staff of the University and the Colleges.
University of Cambridge
The studentship provides a full stipend and covers the University and College fees at the Home/EU rate. Applicants of any nationality may apply, but please note that the difference in fees for Home/EU and Overseas students is substantial.
Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
- Strong numerical, programming skills and problem solving skills.
- At least 4 years of study at University level and a high 2:1 or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline such as mechanical or chemical engineering, physics, chemistry or materials science. (Before applying, please ensure you can meet the 2.1 or higher equivalence by visiting: https://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-qualifications )
- Be able to meet the graduate admissions entrance requirements of the University of Cambridge. The successful candidate will be expected to formally apply for admission: https://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/how-do-i-apply
To apply for this position, please email the following to our Graduate Administrator, Mrs Amanda Taylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 September 2018:
- A copy of your CV.
- Copies of transcripts from all previous degrees that include marks received.
- Please include the vacancy reference number NQ16524 in the subject line of your email.