The UBS Center Scholarship are full scholarships awarded every year to outstanding university graduates to enable them to take up their doctoral studies at the Zurich Graduate School of Economics, run by the Department of Economics at the University of Zurich.
The Scholarship which is open to international students and also funds new endowed chairs at the Department of Economics, the UBS Center will create additional doctoral positions for talented young researchers beyond the scholarship scheme. This will ensure that the Zurich Graduate School of Economics achieves a critical mass of top young talent to create a leading international graduate school with an attractive research environment.
The University of Zurich, located in the city of Zürich, is the largest university in Switzerland, with over 26,000 students. It was founded in 1833 from the existing colleges of theology, law, medicine and a new faculty of philosophy.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral studies at the Zurich Graduate School of Economics.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects offered by the Zurich Graduate School of Economics.
- The UBS Center Scholarships cover living expenses and all fees. The stipend covering living expenses currently stands at CHF 42’500 per year.
- Scholarships are offered to award holders for a period of four years, subject to satisfactory completion of course work.
Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
- Scholarships are open to graduates from around the world, they are awarded to candidates on the grounds of outstanding academic merit, and continuing support will be subject to satisfactory completion of course work. While preference may be given to students whose research plans include areas of interest of the UBS International Center of Economics in Society, applications from all areas are welcomed.
- Admission to the Zurich Graduate School of Economics is a pre-condition for being considered for a UBS Center Scholarship.
- The UBS Center Scholarships are full scholarships, covering living expenses and all fees. Scholarship holders are free to choose their supervisor and have no mandatory duties beyond the completion of the course work and their doctorate. We do however encourage students to contribute to departmental teaching because it is in their own interest to acquire good teaching skills.
Nationality: Graduates from around the world can apply for this UBS scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2018.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES