Every year Beit Trust postgraduate Masters (except an MBA) scholarship for students from Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe to study in choice universities in UK or South Africa.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe
To be taken at (country): United Kingdom (Cambridge University, University of Edinburgh, University of Strathclyde, University of Glasgow, University of Oxford University of Leeds), and South Africa
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/?s=uk” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK[/button]
Accepted Subject Areas? All
About Scholarship: The Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Scholarships abroad (except an MBA) to graduates who are domiciled in and are nationals of Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (and only to graduates in these three countries). Scholarships are taken up at a partner university in the United Kingdom, or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area.
Type: Masters (except an MBA)
- All applicants except medical and veterinary doctors must be under 30 years of age on 31 December of the year of application.
- Some experience of work after completion of a first degree is desirable.
- Doctors and vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December and should have completed 18 months of internship and preferably a one-year rural posting in the relevant country.
- hold at least a degree of class 2.1, i.e. Merit or Distinction
Number of Scholarship: Not Specified
- Fees and costs of tuition and related academic expenses are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
- Scholars receive a personal allowance, index linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and printing of a thesis, and return to Africa.
- Economy Class air passages are met by the Trust for the initial journey to the place of study, and for the return at the end of the course.
- No allowances are paid for spouses or other family members.
Duration of Scholarship Duration is normally for a maximum of three years at the discretion of Trustees.
How to Apply
For more details visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsors: Beit Trust
Important Notes: Only those applicants who state that they intend to return to work in the relevant country upon completion of the scholarship, and who can, if short-listed, present themselves for interview before a Beit Postgraduate Scholarship Selection Board in Harare, Blantyre or Lusaka at the beginning of December, will be considered.
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES[/button]