This is to announce the opening of the recruitment process for the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships for study in the UK between October 2017 and September 2018.
Application Deadline: 12.00 midday UK time Monday 16th January 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): University or Warwick, UK
Eligible Field of Study: English language
About Scholarship: The A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are awarded every year to English language teachers from outside the UK to study for Masters in ELT at the University of Warwick. The Trust was set up by A.S.Hornby in 1961 to support English language teaching worldwide.
A.S.Hornby had a distinguished career in English language teaching and developed the Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary, which is still published in its 8th edition by Oxford University Press. The Trust is a registered charity in the UK. The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in ELT at the University of Warwick
Offered Since: 1961
Type: Masters degree
- Eligible applicants for the scholarship award must have at least two years’ full-time ELT experience and a full university degree, and must be a citizen of the country from which they apply.
- Warwick University also requires a currently valid IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories.
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, and return air tickets, tuition fees, visa and IELTS test costs.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in ELT at the University of Warwick
How to Apply: Applicants are selected by a four-stage process.
- Online application form – applicants submit the online application form for initial assessment
- Interview – applicants who are successful at stage 1 are invited for interview at the British Council office in their country of origin
- Application to university –applicants selected from the interview are invited to apply to the university for consideration
- University acceptance – the scholarship award is confirmed with the applicant and arrangements are made to arrive in the UK to begin study by 1st October 2017
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for information about the scholarship and accessing the online application form.
Sponsors: Hornby Trust