A great opportunity from the University of British Columbia. They are offering the International Leader of Tomorrow Award. This award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
|Country of Study: Canada||Institution/ University: University of British Columbia|
|Application Deadline: 1st Dec 2018 (annually)||Level of Study: Undergraduate|
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Established in 1908, UBC is British Columbia’s oldest university. The university is ranked among the top 20 public universities worldwide and top three in Canada. With an annual research budget of $600 million (one of the largest in Canada), UBC funds over 8,000 projects a year.UBC is internationally recognized in STEM fields, ranking 10th in Computer Science, 5th in Ecology 22nd in Mathematics, and 25th in Medicine In the humanities, the university ranks 22nd in Literature 28th in Law, and 23rd in Economics worldwide.The value of the International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to the applicant’s financial need. Financial need is determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution applicant and their family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by the applicant.
University of British Columbia
- An attractive sum of money will be provided based on the applicant’s financial need.
- The award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing.
- Earn a globally recognized degree at a top university.
- Study with the brightest students in the world.
- Take advantage of unique learning opportunities.
- Access dedicated advising and support.
Eligible undergraduate courses are offered by the school.
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- • You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- • You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- • You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- • You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- • You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- • You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree
The Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less. Your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
- Visit the official link.
- Download and complete the award nomination package.
- Applicant’s package must be couriered to the University. (Package can be found on the official link.)
- Complete the online application for admission to UBC.