ETH Zurich supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes:
- Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP)
- Master Scholarship Programme (MSP)
Application Deadline: 15th December 2016
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Eligible Fields of Study: All
About the Awards: ETH Zurich supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes.
Under the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) students receive a special scholarship for the duration of their programme as well as specific supervision. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during their Master’s degree course.
Under the Master Scholarship Programme (MSP) students receive a partial stipend during their Master’s degree course and the offer of an assistantship.
Type: Masters taught
Eligibility: A very good result in their Bachelor’s. Students must belong to the best 10 percent of their Bachelor’s programme.
Selection Process: The applications are evaluated by the Admissions Committees of the respective Master’s programmes. The final decision for awarding scholarships in the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme and in the Master Scholarship Programme rests with the Rector of the ETH. The number of annual scholarships depends on the availability of funds.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation.
- The Master Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month).
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters).
How to Apply: You can only apply for an Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme or a Master Scholarship Programme if you, at the same time, apply for a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich (or if you, as an ETH Bachelor student, continue with a consecutive Master’s degree programme). If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich, you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship anymore.
The application consists of
- an application form (PDF, 86 KB)
- a letter of motivation
- a pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis (see guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal (in link below)
- letters of recommendation from two professors
Please complete, print, sign and return this form together with the required documents no later than 15 December 2016 to:
Studienfinanzierung Financial Aid Office
Rämistrasse 101, HG F 22.2
Please note that your application must arrive at the Financial Aid Office two working days after the application deadline (i.e. Monday, December 19, 2016).
Award Provider: ETH Zurich
Important Notes: The scholarship is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation. The Master Scholarship Programme requires a financial contribution from the scholarship holder.