Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) are open for pursuing higher degree by research (Masters/doctoral) at University of Adelaide. International students can apply for these scholarships.
The University of Adelaide aims to create and engender a university culture that values health, safety and wellbeing as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures and operational strategies.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most prestigious universities and is renowned internationally for excellence in education and research.
In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree.
|Country of Study: Australia||Institution/ University: University of Adelaide|
|Application Deadline: April 30, 2019||Level of Study: (Masters/ Doctoral)|
The University of Adelaide (informally Adelaide University) is a public university located in Adelaide, South Australia. Established in 1874, it is the third-oldest university in Australia. The university’s main campus is located on North Terrace in the Adelaide city centre, adjacent to the Art Gallery of South Australia, the South Australian Museum and the State Library of South Australia.
The University of Adelaide is composed of five faculties, with each containing constituent schools. These include the Faculty of Engineering, Computer, and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS), the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of the Professions, and the Faculty of Sciences. It is a member of the Group of Eight and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The university is also a member of the Sandstone universities, which mostly consist of colonial-era universities within Australia.
The ASI provides
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),
- An annual living allowance ($27,082 in 2018) for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- For Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574) visa holders, the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6-month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
Students can choose from courses offered by the university
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Master degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature is ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- English Language Requirements: The university’s preferred accredited English language tests are: IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English – Academic and CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced). Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The university can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the university’s English Language Centre.
Two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree
To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via online application system. There is no application fee. Note. The University of Adelaide is unable to provide an assessment of eligibility for candidature and/or a scholarship until a formal application is submitted and assessed. We strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here