The Open Learning Initiative – University Preparatory Program is an intensive, full-time, fully-funded course of study for individuals with refugee status with the goal of preparing students for higher education study. OLIve-UP assists students in making competitive applications to MA programs at European universities. The program is currently funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Union and by the Higher Education Support Program of the Open Society Foundations.
|Country of Study: Hungary||Institution/ University: Central European University|
|Application Deadline: April 10, 2018||Level of Study: master’s degree|
Central European University is a graduate-level “crossroads” university where faculty and students from more than 100 countries come to engage in interdisciplinary education, pursue advanced scholarship, and address some of society’s most vexing problems.
Central European University Open Learning Initiative – University Preparatory (OLIve-UP)
All successful applicants will be awarded a full scholarship which will cover tuition fees and provide a stipend, assistance with accommodation and health insurance
OLIve-UP accepts students intending to prepare for MA study. The program accepts applications from individuals with refugee status, or are in a refugee-like situation, in Hungary or another European Economic Area (EEA) state who have:
- An interest in pursuing further university study
- A completed Bachelor’s degree OR
- Had their Bachelor’s degree programs interrupted? CEU OLIve may be able to help you apply for a Masters degree. This depends on a number of factors, including the number of credits you have completed. If you are in this situation please contact us for an assessment
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Checklist of the documents you will be asked to submit:
- A CV (in English), with details of your academic background and work experience, if any. Please also indicate your English level.
- A Letter of Motivation (maximum 2 pages) stating why you would like to participate in this program and describing your academic and professional achievements, as well as interests and goals for the future and how further university study will help you achieve these.
- Scanned copy or photocopy of your diploma and a transcript of previous grades if you have these available
- Up to two reference letters (one is mandatory), if possible one from someone familiar with your academic experience or skills to date. In the application form, you will have to provide the name and contact details of a person familiar with your past academic performance, ideally a former teacher or university lecturer who can write a reference for you. If you are not able to contact an academic referee, then please provide the contact details of a previous employer. The referee will be contacted by CEU and will upload the reference. If you have copies of other references, you may upload additional reference(s) in the section ‘Qualifications – Other Supporting Documents’ or have these sent via email directly by your referee(s).
- If you have a sample of academic writing in English (e.g an essay prepared for a university program) please submit this in the section ‘Qualifications – Other Supporting Documents’. Your application will still be considered and will not be at a disadvantage if you do not have a writing sample.