Nuffic, the Dutch organization for internationalization in education, has developed a new Scholarship in Netherlands programme called the Orange Knowledge Programme. This programme merges the Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) and NICHE into a single integrated approach. One component of the programme is the availability of individual scholarships for professionals.
The Orange Knowledge Programme promotes capacity building by providing training and education through scholarships for professionals. An OKP Scholarship covers all costs associated with completing an 18-month Master of Science study programme at IHE Delft. IHE Delft offers four accredited Master of Science programmes which start in October 2019.
- Water Management and Governance – The scientific study of water resources with practical planning and management skills
- Urban Water and Sanitation – Water supply, sanitation, and water engineering and management, particularly in urban areas
- Environmental Science – Conservation and prudent use of natural resources for the benefit of society
- Water Science & Engineering – Hydrological and hydraulic processes and modeling tools for improved water management in coastal zones, river basins and agricultural areas.
The overall aim of OKP is to aid the development of the capacity, knowledge, and quality of individuals as well as institutions in the field of higher and vocational education. The five-year programme is initiated and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the budget for Development Cooperation and managed by Nuffic. An OKP Scolarship is intended to supplement the salary that the scholarship holder should continue to receive during the study period. The allowance is a contribution towards the costs of living, the costs of tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance and thesis research.
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world and is based in Delft, the Netherlands. The Institute confers fully accredited MSc degrees and Ph.D. degrees in collaboration with partner universities.
|Country of Study: Netherlands||Institution/ University: Various Institutions|
|Application Deadline:February 10, 2019||Level of Study: Masters degree and Phd|
- Covers all costs associated with completing an 18-month Master of Science study programme at IHE Delft.
- The allowance is a contribution towards the costs of living, the costs of tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance and thesis research.
- The Dutch institution is explicitly responsible for arranging scholarship holders’ flights, health insurance for the scholarship holders and housing for the scholarship holders.
- Must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries listed on their official website.
- Must not be employed by an organization that are considered to have its own means of staff-development, for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- Must have an official passport, valid till at least 15 July 2019.
- Must not receive more than one scholarship for courses that take place at the same time.
- Must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable).
Eligible Regions: Multiple Regions (Check the official website for detail)
Applicants will be asked to register their application in a special tool and will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Provisional admission letter from IHE Delft
- A copy of your passport valid till at least 15 July 2019
- A current statement from the applicant’s employer (download the format employer’s statement from IHE Delft’s official website)
- Depending on applicant’s country of employment, a government statement (download OKP Statement of Government Authority from IHE Delft’s official website)