The Leiden University is pleased to offer Walraven Scholarship for international students. The scholarships are intended for students who have a bachelor’s degree in astronomy or physics and wish to obtain their master’s (MSc) degree in Astronomy and Instrumentation at Leiden University.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage talented students to reach international programs
Leiden Observatory is the oldest university astronomy department in the world with a distinguished history. Leiden Observatory offers a wide range of Astronomy master’s specializations in which students actively participate in front-line research.
Leiden University, located in the city of Leiden, is the oldest university in the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1575 by William, Prince of Orange, leader of the Dutch Revolt in the Eighty Years’ War.
The application deadline is February 1 (for students commencing in September).
[button color=”blue” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/category/country/netherland/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS IN NETHERLANDS[/button]
The scholarship will cover the following:
- The Walraven scholarship is for one year, with conditional renewal for a second year upon successful completion of the first year. For a full scholarship, the tuition fee for the Astronomy Research master’s programme will be reduced to the amount of the home fee and you will receive an allowance of up to €11,000 per year for living costs. Partial scholarships may also be awarded. The Walraven scholarship is paid as a monthly allowance. If you stop your Astronomy master’s studies for whatever reason, the Walraven scholarship payments will be stopped directly.
[button color=”blue” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/category/masters/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS[/button]
Astronomy and Instrumentation
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a student with a non-Dutch nationality
- You must have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in astronomy or physics
- Your previous study results should be of outstanding academic merit
- You have no other financial support (e.g. scholarships, grants) for your master’s study
Nationality: International (Non-Dutch) applicants can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Apply for admission to the Astronomy and Instrumentation master’s programme through the online application system. Note that only applications that are completed before the deadline are guaranteed full consideration.
- Write a brief statement motivating why you satisfy the two conditions of a) outstanding academic merit and b) need for financial support. Make sure to include your full contact
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
[button color=”blue” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/category/scholarships/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES[/button]