JICA has been appointed to implement a master’s degree and internship program within the ABE Initiative framework developed for countries whose official requests have been approved by the Government of Japan. The objective of Master’s Degree and Internship Program of the ABE Initiative is to support young personnel who have the potential to contribute to the development of industries in Africa.
This program offers opportunities for young African personnel (hereafter referred to as “participants”) to study at master’s courses in Japanese universities and experience internships at Japanese enterprises. This program intends to foster excellent personnel who can recognize and understand the contexts of Japanese society and systems of Japanese enterprises so as to contribute Africa’s development in collaboration with Japanese private 3/12 sector. The expected outcome of the program is a network of potential contributors to the development of African industries who will also lead Japanese private sector to engage further in economic activities in/towards Africa.
Location: JapanCLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS IN JAPAN
JICA will provide the following expenses for the participants of the program which is equivalent to similar JICA schemes.
- Tuition at Japanese university master’s degree programs (and research student)
- Allowances for living expenses, outfit, shipping etc. See the box below for more 10/ 12 details
- A round-trip airfare
- Expenses for support programs during the study in Japan, including the costs of observation tours and internship
- Other costs should be covered by the participants’ organizations or other individuals.
- Citizens of one of the 54 African countries
- Between 22 and 39 years old (as of April 1st in the year of your arrival in Japan)
- Bachelor’s degree (equivalent to at least 16 years of academic background)
- Applicants for the category of “Government Officials” and “Educators” are required – to have more than 6 months working experience at their current organizations, and
– to obtain permission for application and securing reinstatement from their current organizations
- Have adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course
- Clearly understand the objectives of this program, and to have a strong will to contribute to the industrial development of their home countries as well as to strengthen the linkage between their countries and Japan after returning home
- Applicants must:
– be in good health condition to complete the program,
– not receive or plan to receive a scholarship offered by other foreign organizations, and
– attend the activities on the weekends in unavoidable circumstances (ex. official exam)
Eligible Regions: Open For All
Apply through the given website.