- Semester 1 – Applications close 30 November 2016 (for January or February commencement). Outcome notified by end of December.
- Semester 2 – Applications close 30 April 2017 (for July commencement). Outcome notified by end of May.
Offered annually? Yes
Brief description: Griffith International Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships is offered for outstanding international high school graduates applying for undergraduate studies at Griffith University.
Eligible Field of Study: All undergraduate (excluding online, non-award, offshore delivery and where students are given advanced standing or credit for previous studies). A maximum of one scholarship will be awarded annually to applicants for the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Science
- Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Technology
- Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science Advanced with Honours
Griffith International offers Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships valued at $5,000 each to outstanding international high school graduates applying for undergraduate studies at Griffith University. Two payments of $2,500 will be made towards each recipient’s tuition fees in the first and second semester of the first year of their program.
Scholarship Offered Since: not specified
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
- a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit as outlined in Eligibility section
- two letters of reference addressing demonstrated leadership ability and personal character
- a personal statement which includes why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship
- have a minimum GPA in high school studies
- have applied to Griffith University and satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s undergraduate entry requirements
- be a commencing student
- be enrolling as a full time student in an undergraduate degree at Griffith university
Number of Scholarships: about seven
Value of Scholarship: $5,000 in total. (Two tuition payments of $2,500 each)
Duration of Scholarship: 2 semesters
Eligible Countries: Citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
To be taken at (country): Griffith University Australia
How to Apply
Applicants are assessed by a panel which will consider previous academic results, personal statement and references.
Griffith International seeks to attract a diverse student cohort in terms of nationality and study discipline and reserves the right to distribute scholarships accordingly.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: Griffith University Australia
Important Notes: Scholarship applicants will usually be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship within one month of the application closing date and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship. Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn