Deadline: July 30, 2017.
The Goethe University is now accepting applications for Master Scholarship program, funded by the Johanna-Quandt-Foundation Frankfurt. German as well as foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career, to enable you to become involved in existing research projects and to actively support you during your Master’s degree studies. A Master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a Ph.D. in one of Goethe University’s seminal research units.
The Goethe University is a research-oriented university in the European financial metropolis Frankfurt. As a foundation university, she has a unique degree of independence, urban and cosmopolitan.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research.
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://interscholars.org/category/masters-scholarships/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIPS[/button]
Study Subject: Within the Goethe Goes Global Programme, scholarships can be awarded to the following Master programs:
Humanities and Social Sciences
Master’s Programmes and Related Research Units
|Computer Science||SFB 902, EXC 115, LOEWE-Centre HIC for FAIR|
|Social and Cultural Anthropology / Ethnology||SFB 1095|
|History||SFB 1095, EXC 243|
|International Studies /
Peace and Conflict Research
|Mathematics||LOEWE-Centre HIC for FAIR|
|Philosophy||SFB 1095, EXC 243|
|Political Theory||EXC 243|
|Quantitative Economics, Finance,
Master’s Programmes and Related Research Units
|Biochemistry||SFB 1177, SFB 807, SFB 902, EXC 115, LOEWE-Centre TMP|
|Bioinformatics||SFB 1177, SFB 902, EXC 115, LOEWE-Centre TMP|
|Biophysics||SFB 1177, SFB 807, SFB 902, EXC 115, LOEWE-Centre HIC for FAIR|
|Chemistry||SFB 807, SFB 902, EXC 115, LOEWE-Centre TMP|
|Geosciences||LOEWE-Centre HIC for Fair|
|Interdisciplinary Neuroscience||SFB 902, SFB 1080, LOEWE-Centre TMP, SFB/TR 23, EXC 115|
|Molecular Biosciences||SFB 1177, SFB 807, SFB 902, SFB/TR 23, EXC 115, LOEWE-Centre TMP|
|Molecular Biotechnology||SFB 1177, SFB 807, SFB 902, EXC 115|
|Molecular Medicine||LOEWE-Centre TMP, LOEWE-Centre CGT, EXC 147, SFB/TR 23, SFB 1039, SFB 902, SFB 834, SFB 815, SFB 1177,|
|Physical Biology of Cells and Cell Interactions||SFB 807, SFB 1177, SFB 902, SFB 1080, LOEWE-Centre TMP, EXC 115|
|Physics||SFB 902, SFB/TR 49, EXC 115, LOEWE-Centre HIC for FAIR|
Scholarship Award: Goethe University will provide you, as a scholarship holder, with:
- A monthly stipend of 1,000 € for the standard period of study in a Master program at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the university’s most distinguished research units
- The option to write your Master’s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit
- Support and orientation by an experienced Master’s student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy GRADE, normally open only to Ph.D. students and postdocs
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University
Number of Scholarships: 20 scholarships per year will be offered.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://interscholars.org/?s=Germany” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS IN GERMANY[/button]
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- German students can apply as well as foreign students. All applicants need to have completed at least two-thirds of their Bachelor’s degree (or another equivalent or higher degree) at a university outside of Germany and meet the other conditions mentioned on the website.
- Goethe University gives preference to candidates who are not enrolled in another German university.
Nationality: German, as well as foreign students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: To qualify for admission to a Master’s program at Goethe University, you must have already completed a Bachelor’s degree (or another program at an equivalent level) in a relevant field, and have passed the selection process of the respective program.
English Language Requirements:
How to Apply: The application has to be submitted via Goethe University’s MasterPortal. Open the application form for the Master program of your choice and you will be guided to the Scholarship application.
To apply for the scholarship program you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) at least two-thirds of which have been completed at a university outside Germany plus a transcript of records
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or other academic staff (signed by hand and officially sealed), stating your excellent or above-average performance (among the top 10% of graduates from your previous degree program)
- A letter of motivation outlining a study plan and demonstrating your academic ability as well as your principle research interest
- Proof of proficiency in German and/or English (depending on the language of instruction of the Master’s course)
- A comprehensive CV in tabular form
- To be admitted to one of the selected Master program (the selection process for both the Master’s program and the scholarship takes place at the same time)
- To identify one of the research units which the Master program of your choice is related to. The respective research unit should match your research interest and be a potential workplace for you in the future (you have to select a single research unit) see: “Master Programmes” or “Research Units” for details on the research units).
- You can apply for up to three degree programs. However, you are only allowed to apply for one relevant research unit in connection with your scholarship application
- After you have completed the first half of the study period, you will have to submit a transcript of records proving your successful performance, in order to receive further funding (for Sinology and History after six months and for the remaining degree programs after one year)
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is July 30, 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://interscholars.org/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES[/button]