Designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders, Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Whether in politics, business or science, the success of future leaders around the world will depend upon an understanding of China’s role in global trends.
With the inaugural class enrolled in 2016, the program gives the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities.
|Country of Study: China||Institution/ University: Tsinghua University|
|Application Deadline: 27 September 2018||Level of Study: Masters|
Tsinghua is one of the most prestigious university in China. Through teaching, research and innovation, Tsinghua is committed to the advancement and well-being of the nation and the world.
Fully funded scholarship
- Full tuition fee
- Health Insurance.
- Accommodation facility.
- Travel allowance to and from Beijing at the beginning and at the end of the semester.
- Lenovo laptop and smartphone.
- A personal stipend of $3,500.
- Course books and other supplies.
- Public Policy
- Economics and Business
- International Studies
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- Age Requirement.
Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2019.
- English language proficiency.
Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.Acceptable test options are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- A complete and successfully submitted online application, including the requested personal statement(s) and supplementary components below.
- Uploaded transcripts/academic records from every degree-granting college or university attended (undergraduate or graduate – must be combined into one PDF and then uploaded). If transcripts are not in English, official translations must be included.
- Three electronic letters of recommendation. At least one of these letters must come from a recommender who can comment on the specific examples of leadership described in the candidate’s application, but the recommender must at least be able to comment on the candidate’s leadership qualities from direct knowledge of the candidate. Recommendations must be translated to English by a professional translator if written in another language.
- Video: Submission of a video is strongly recommended but not required. The video can be up to one minute in length, and candidates are invited to introduce themselves in any style or setting they think best conveys their interests and personality. Note: the file must be less than 20MB in order for you to upload it to the application.
- Current resume/CV: Please submit a resume or c.v. appropriate for any application for employment in your country. This can be no longer than 2 pages.
- Two Essays: