The TU Dortmund University is inviting applications for the DAAD Graduation Scholarships for International Students in Germany from the DAAD project STIBET I 2019.
The purpose of DAAD Graduation Scholarships is to support international students who want to complete their studies of graduate and doctoral degree program.\
TU Dortmund University is highly ranked in terms of its research performance in the areas of physics, electrical engineering, chemistry, and economics. It offers a comprehensive program of teacher training for all types of school. The university offers a wide range of career opportunities in science, administration, and technology. It also provides an even vaster range of services and job opportunities for the eligible candidates.
|Country of Study: Germany||Institution/ University: TU Dortmund University|
|Application Deadline: May 28, 2019||Level of Study: Graduate and doctoral course level|
TU Dortmund University is a university in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany with over 35,000 students, and over 6,000 staff including 300 professors, offering around 80 Bachelor’s and master’s degree programs. It is situated in the Ruhr area, the fourth largest urban area in Europe. The university is highly ranked in terms of its research performance in the areas of physics, electrical engineering, chemistry and economics
The university’s main areas of research are the natural sciences, engineering, pedagogy/teacher training in a wide spectrum of subjects, special education, and journalism. The University of Dortmund was originally designed to be a technical university, but in 1980, it merged with the adjacent Pädagogische Hochschule Ruhr that housed mostly humanities.
In 2006, The University of Dortmund hosted the 11th Federation of International Robot-soccer Association (FIRA) RoboWorld Cup. The university’s robot soccer team, the Dortmund Droids, became vice world champion in the RoboWorld Cup 2002 and finished third in 2003. On November 1, 2007, The University Dortmund has been renamed as TU Dortmund University.
The University is part of the cooperation program “University Alliance Ruhr”, together with the Ruhr University Bochum and the University of Duisburg-Essen.
TU Dortmund University
Minimum of 250 Euros
Students can select courses are offered by the school
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for programmes.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursaries are open to study the graduate degree as well as a doctoral degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity s the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria: Applicant must be international students and doctoral candidates already active at TU Dortmund University who achieved good academic performance. The applicants must have registered their thesis and are in a financial crisis.
Duration varies by the type of program and course
- How to apply: To be considered for the opportunity s, applicants need to take admission in graduate and doctoral degree program at TU Dortmund University. Then candidates can submit the application form to the International Office on time via postal mail (Emil-Figge-Str. 61, 44227 Dortmund).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to submit a confirmation of registration for their final paper, current certificate of enrollment, bank statements from the last three months, a copy of their residency permit, copy of their current work contract, credit card statements for the last three months( if applicable).
- Admission Requirements: For admission in graduate and postdoctoral course applicant must have their previous studies certificate with good grades.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Benefits: the program sum is set by the DAAD. Grantees receive a minimum of 250 Euros a month. The duration of scholarship funding can range from one to three months.