The Curtin University is delighted to offer a three year fully funded PhD scholarship in Public Health. The scholarship is available for an outstanding candidate to conduct research at the interface of Health Economics and Systems Modelling at the School of Public Health.
|Country of Study: Australia||Institution/ University: Curtin University|
|Application Deadline: February 28, 2018||Level of Study: Ph.D. Program|
Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley and Perth, Western Australia. The university is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin, and is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students.
This is a three year fully funded PhD scholarship.
research at the interface of Health Economics and Systems Modelling at the School of Public Health.
Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: The successful candidate will have:
- A Masters degree in a relevant discipline requiring the completion of a publicly available thesis or research project to an acceptable standard OR
- A Bachelors degree with first class honours OR
- Graduated with a bachelor degree (with first class or upper second honours) and completed a postgraduate diploma or its equivalent, or completed a master degree by coursework, with, in both cases, a course-weighted average of not less than 70 percent within the University, and demonstrated the capacity to undertake significant research
Additionally, they should:
- Have strong computational skills and an interest in systems modelling;
- Preferably have experience in research and/or the use of statistical packages; and
- Preferably have experience of publishing peer-reviewed research.
English Language Requirements: Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Please email an expression of interest with:
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts
- A brief covering letter (no more than 2 sides A4) that addresses the eligibility criteria. The letter should explain why you are interested in the project and how your skills, attributes and experience make you a good candidate for the award.