MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2019, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s and PhD programs. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
Students from all over the world can apply however, the permanent residents and nationals of the People’s Republic of China are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to promote mutual understanding, cooperation and exchange in politics, economy, culture, education and trade between china and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students , teacher and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. Chinese Government scholarship supports international students, teachers and students to pursue degrees at all levels or non-degree studies and to conduct research in China.
China is also the home to some of the top universities in the world. The spirit of MOFCOM Scholarship uphold the beliefs of the nation. And create a bridge between them and the other nations of the world.
|Country of Study: China||Institution/ University: Various Universities in China|
|Application Deadline: April 30, 2019||Level of Study: Masters and Phd degree|
Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China (MOFCOM Scholarship)
- tuition waiver;
- on-campus accommodation;
- stipend of:
- 3000RMB per month per master student,
- 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- medical insurance
- one-time round-trip international air tickets
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program. English: IETS 6.0 or above, Chinese: HSK level 4（score180） or above, or other evidence which indicates your English or Chinese proficiency is adequate.
Eligible Regions: Open for All (Except China)
Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years
- Application Documents （written in Chinese or English）
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship; Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy.