Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China of offering the MOFCOM Scholarships for Masters and PhD degrees to develop talents from developing countries, starting from 2017.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Field of Study: Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option.
About Scholarship: MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
Offered Since: 2015
Type: Masters and PhD Scholarships
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/?s=china” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS IN CHINA[/button]
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program.
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship:
- -tuition waiver;
- -teaching material fee waiver;
- -research and survey fee waiver;
- -dissertation guidance fee waiver;
- -one-off resettlement fee:
- 3000RMB per master student,
- 3000RMB per PhD student;
- -on-campus accommodation;
- 3000RMB per month per master student,
- 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- -medical insurance
- -one-time round-trip international airfare for all the students （First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation）, and a maximum of “n-1” （“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program） round-trip international airfares for home visits （one time per year set at the end of an academic year）.
Duration of Scholarship: Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years.
Eligible Countries: developing countries
To be taken at (country): Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option. CSC will place each applicant in one university only based on their desired option and universities’ requirements.
Application Requirement (in Chinese or English)
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
How to Apply
- Step 1: Visit csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online for International Students”.
- Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
- Step 3: After registration, log in with your user name and password. Click “Application Forms”and choose “MOFCOM Scholarship”.
- Step 4: Put 00010 as your Agency Number.
- Step 5: Please fill all the required information truly, correctly and completely following the navigation bars on the left of the page.
- Step 6: After completing the application form, please click “Preview” and check your Application Form carefully before submitting it.
- Step 7: Download the completed Application Form by clicking “Download Application”and print two hard copies.
- Step 8: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (two sets of hardcopies) to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy.
- Step 9: You can make changes to your application by clicking Retrieve Application on the left of the page. But you have to make sure to submit it again by clicking Confirmation of Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be accepted either.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details to apply
Sponsors: Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China
Important Notes: Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
Scholarship winners will get the admission package from ECCO of the Chinese Embassy by the end of August, 2016, and must register at the host university before the deadline which is usually September, 2016.
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES[/button]