A limited number of scholarships, funded by the Government of the Republic of Austria, are awarded to qualified applicants coming from developing countries and reform states for the The International Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Training Programme (IPT) 2017
Application Deadline: 31st July 2017
Eligible Countries: OECD Countries (incl. Austria)
To Be Taken At (Country): Austria
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/?s=scholarship” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS[/button]
About the Award: The International Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Training Programme (IPT) is a practically oriented training programme for experts of various professional backgrounds who work – or aim to work – as civilians in crisis management and conflict prevention.
For the Program
- Applicants should be motivated and willing to engage in peacekeeping and peace-building activities in crisis regions.
- Precondition to attend a specialisation course is to have participated in one of our Core Courses or similar basic mission preparation training. Sufficient work experience in crisis management missions can be considered in lieu of a Core Course.
- Applicants must have good command of the English language.
- Applicants should be in a good state of physical and mental health. This is not only necessary for later deployment, but also for some of the outdoor training activities.
Taking into account recruitment standards of international organisations, participants should
- be aged preferably between 25 and 60
- have expertise and relevant work experience in their respective areas of professional competence
- have at least a first level university degree or equivalent professional experience
- be able and willing to work in a team and within a multicultural environment
- have a valid driving license
- be computer literate
For the Scholarship
- Applicants must be from OECD Countries (incl. Austria)
- Applicants from OECD or non-OECD countries already employed by international organisations – at headquarters or in field missions (e.g. Asian Development Bank, OSCE, UN) – are in principle not eligible for scholarships and are advised to ask their organisation for support.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: Scholarships cover, in part or fully, tuition fees and full board accommodation during the training.
Duration of Program:
How to Apply: Applicants must fill in an online application form and upload supporting documents in one file. To apply for such support, candidates have to indicate this in the relevant section of the application form and give reasons for their request in a scholarship essay. To complete the application, students will be asked to upload:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A recent photograph
- A scan of the data page of your passport
Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the scholarship application in the letter of invitation.
Award Providers: Government of Austria
[button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://fullscholarships.info/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES[/button]